6 vegan products that still use palm oil:
There is growing uncertainty in the green community about the reliability of ‘green’ palm oil and many of the so-called sustainable plantations are still heavily contributing to deforestation. To truly make a difference for our rainforests, we believe in avoiding ALL palm oil. These are some vegan companies that are still using palm oil…both conflict and “sustainable”.
- Toffuti: ‘Most of our cheese products use palm oil. The palm oil we use comes only from sustainable sources. It is certified by the USDA.’
- Earth Balance vegan butter: ‘70% of our palm oil comes from responsible sources in peninsular Malaysia’- Other 30% from conflict palm oil.
- Clif vegan bars: “ensures a strong ecological approach to palm oil production.”- But not necessarily from sustainable plantations.
- Windmill Organics- Uses organic palm oil.
- Liz Lovely cookies- organic palm oil.
- Yves veggie cuisine- ‘Unfortunately we do not have lists of our products that do or do not contain certain ingredients.’- Don’t know how much palm oil is being used.